- Scotch one of the other wheels and jack up axle.
- Remove grease cap from centre of hub, using small
end of wheel spanner.
- Fit spanner to hub cap with keys A in the keyways
and lever B at right angles to the handle.
- Raise lever B into line with handle in order to
unlock the pawl. Two pins, C will project to keep
the spanner in position. The two small grooves in
the face of the spanner are to receive these pins.
- Move the spanner anti-clockwise whilst holding
the wheel stationary. If necessary, use a mallet
to start the motion. When the motion is started,
it is easier to hold the spanner and to turn the
- Lift wheel off the hub when it ceases to advance
THE SCHRADER VALVE
Touch the pin to test the valve
Use the slotted end of the cap to unscrew the plug if
the valve must be removed.
Screw the cap on tightly,